The Nissan RS5F32A/V FWD transaxle is fitted to a number of Nissan FWD vehicles mainly with the SR18/SR20 engines including the B13/B14 NX/Sentra, N14/N15 Pulsar and P10/P11 Primera. Twin parallel shafts are used with 5 forward speeds and reverse setup with a non-synchronised reverse idler gear used to mesh with both the input shaft and 1st/2nd gear slider on the main shaft. A single piece input shaft is used with 1st~4th gears cut directly into the shaft which are not interchangeable/removable with the 5th gear pinion running on the end.
Early vehicles were fitted with double synchronisers on 2nd~3rd gears with certain later > 94 vehicles upgraded to double cone synchronisers on 1st~3rd speeds.
The main weakness with the RS5F32 transmission is the small gear and tooth profile of the 3rd gear assembly which cannot cope with added torque provided by the popular fitment of SR20DET turbocharged and tough SR20VE engines conversions. The stock OEM crown wheel and final drive pinion gear are also supceptable to failure in high torque applications.
Available off the shelf is PAR’s proven dog engagement gear set for the extreme racing SR20 powered FWD vehicle. These are a direct fit with billet sliders and hubs provided to replace the stock OEM synchro items. Due to the OEM 20.5mm x 18 spline size input shaft’s limited torque capacity in extreme applications, the billet input shaft included in the gear set has been uprated to the larger Nissan 25.5mm x 24 spline size.
– Tooth profiles that reduce noise, wear and load forces on the standard OEM transmission housing
– Multiple piece input shaft for added strength and ratio changes/repair
– Proven in drag, circuit, rally racing and extreme street applications around the world
– Retension of OEM 5th gear assembly provides OEM NVH levels during cruise and freeway driving
– Billet 3rd/4th shift fork
– Straight cut gears (1st~4rd) for maximum power transmission and minimal losses
– Billet crown wheel and pinion shaft $1,840 (When purchased with a gear set – $1,480 AUD (ex GST))
– No extra cost custom ratios
– 1st: 2.70, 3.00, 3.11
– 2nd: 1.85, 1.92, 2.00
– 3rd: 1.24, 1.29, 1.44, 1.53
– 4th: 0.95, 1.11, 1.22
– 5th: 0.75, 0.85, 1.0 $940 (When purchased with a gear set – $750 AUD (ex GST))
.Final Drive Ratios 3.79, 3.87, 4.08, 4.38, 4.43, 4.83, 5.0
– B13/B14 NX100/NX Coupe/Sentra SE-R
– N14/N15 Pulsar/Sunny/Almera SR18/SR20
– P10/P11 Primera
– Fitment of the input shaft will require drilling of the transmission case input shaft hole out to 1″
– Custom 215mm clutch with 24 spline hub must be used with this gear set (can be supplied with gearset if requried)
– Solid center clutch must be used with dog engagement gearsets to miminise accelerated dog wear