Made by Aisin, the AZ6 transmission is a strong robust unit which has good ratios and reliability for the factory naturally aspirated engine. With the addition of forced induction and serious engine work, the strength of the gears start to become an issue with very large amounts of torque resulting in shredded gears.
Available in a synchromesh engagement configurations is a 1st~5th synchromesh engagement gearset including input shaft, counter shaft, 1st~4th gears and optional billet output shaft. Also available as an optional extra is a billet 6th gear set.
– Tooth profiles that reduce noise, wear and load forces on the standard OEM transmission housing
– Multiple piece layshaft shaft for flexible ratio choice and changes
– No extra cost straight cut gear option
– No extra cost custom ratios
– 1st: 3.77
– 2nd: 2.26
– 3rd: 1.64
– 4th: 1.16
– 5th: 1.0
– 6th: (Optional – $650 AUD (plus GST))