The Nissan BNR34 Skyline GTR 6MT transmission is a Getrag 233 unit with triple cone synchronizers for 1st and 2nd gears, double cone for 3rd and 4th and single cone for 5th, 6th and reverse. With extremely high horsepower vehicles, featuring heavy multi-plate clutches and high rpm engines, the GTR 6MT unit has trouble shifting as the synchronizers cannot cope with the extra clutch mass and higher rpm shift points.
For seriously powerful drag racing and circuit racing applications, PAR have the straight cut, dog engagement billet gearset.
– Tooth profiles that reduce noise, wear and load forces on the standard OEM transmission housing
– Multiple piece layshaft for ease of assembly, strength and ratio changes
– Dog engagement(1st~4th) for the widest, strongest gears possible and lightning fast clutchless shifting
– Synchromesh engagement 5th~6th gears for refined NVH during cruise and tranport sections
– Dog engagement 5th~6th gears optional
– No extra cost helical gears
– No extra cost custom ratios
– 1st: 3.77
– 2nd: 2.42
– 3rd: 1.69
– 4th: 1.30
– 5th: 1.00
– 6th: STD or Optional Custom Ratio