The Nissan FS5R50A/B transmission is fitted to a number of Nissan 4WD vehicles mainly with the TB48DE engines including the Y60, Y61 Patrol and Safari. In a typical Nissan RWD transmission layout, an input shaft drives a parallel layshaft for all driven speeds except for 4th which is a 1.0 ratio with a transfer case governing driver to either rear or both front and rear axles.
Proven in a number of high powered racing and street applications including drag racing and hill climbing, these high performance gearsets have coped with huge horsepower increases sometimes in the vicinity of 2,000hp. Perfect for the street driven turbocharged or supercharged 4WD featuring quiet operation and easy speed selection with the ultimate torque capacity for the extended high speed trials or weekend motorsports warrior.
– Tooth profiles that reduce noise, wear and load forces on the standard OEM transmission housing
– Multiple piece layshaft shaft for added strength and ratio changes/repair
– Retension of OEM 5th gear assembly provides OEM NVH levels during cruise and freeway driving
– Helical cut gears with reduced helix angles (1st~4rd) for maximum power transmission and minimal losses
– Larger input shaft splines (Custom clutch will be required)
– Billet transfer case upgrade (billet input/out shafts and coupling) (Optional $1,350 AUD)
– Short: 3.75, 2.05, 1.45, 1.00, OEM 5th
– Tall: 3.58, 1.96, 1.38, 1.00, OEM 5th