With the 01E transmission used in a large number of Audi vehicles including high performance sedans and wagons, there has been a great demand for a dog engagement style gearset with both tall and close ratios. PAR has developed 2 main configurations of the 01E gearset to cater for the most common applications of circuit/rally and drag racing. Many customers have raised the issue of gearing that has been designed for relaxed Autobarn cruising rather than performance driving in racing applications.
For the circuit/rally application, a 1st~6th gear full dog engagement configuration is available which will allow the driver to keep the engine in it’s peak torque band even in low speed situations. The closer ratios allow the use of all 6 speeds to provide maximum acceleration at all times.
Drag racing customers require a different ratio set to cater for extreme levels of peaky horsepower and torque. The dash for the 400m finish line also demands the smallest number of gearshifts to minimise shifting time. To cater for this application, a 1st~4th dog engagement gearset is available with optional synchromesh 5th and 6th gears for Vmax applications.
– Tooth profiles that reduce noise, wear and load forces on the standard OEM transmission housing
– Optimised dog configuration for all gears for easy of shifting and minimal lash
– Straight cut gears for maximum power transmission and minimal losses
– Retention of OEM shift mechanism and lockouts to provide OEM reliability and durability
– Billet shift forks
– No extra cost straight cut or helical gears
– No extra cost custom ratio option
– 2.82, 1.92, 1.31, 0.95
Gear Set Includes:
Main Input shaft (Standard OEM 01E or 26 tooth Chevy Heavy Duty Clutch Spline),
1st Driven Gear,
2nd Driven Gear,
1st & 2nd Gear Slider and Hub,
1st & 2nd Gear Billet Selector Fork,
3rd & 4th Gear Cluster Tube,
3rd Driving Gear ,
4th Driving Gear,
3rd & 4th Gear Slider and Hub,
3rd & 4th Gear Billet Selector Fork,
– On some models, circlip retaining thrust ring needs to be relocated from the top of first gear to the bottom of first gear. On other models, the circlip retaining thrust ring needs to be discarded to ensure correct axial float/clearance (Dog engagement 1st~2nd gear only)